"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Monday, June 25, 2007

Back To What I Love Most!

Well, I am back to the same school life that I had done during my contract teaching experience last year again. I am currently posted to the same school for my Teaching Assistantship Programme for five weeks.


The feeling is absolutely amazing especially when I managed to meet up with my old mentors who had guided me in the past. The welcoming was too extravagant for me especially when the principle mentioned during the contact time that I am someone that most teachers here know very well before. There were a lot of cheering and clapping in the Lecture Theatre from the teachers when my name was mentioned. At that instant, I felt a sudden surge of awkwardness and shyness but was very proud to realize that this is the kind of career that I had wanted to seek for almost all my life.


Now why is that so? Of course, I am still a amateur when it comes to teaching in school. I am still learning to become a full-fledged teacher and it will take at least a year before I complete my course. The thing is when I reached my school yesterday for the first time when school reopened,I was reminded of the innocent faces of students once more. To be able to deliver your knowledge to students successfully is a complete satisfaction and success for me. In fact, sometimes, I can feel that I am being blessed everyday with this profession. That kind of feeling was never obtained during my years as a Network Engineer beforehand.

Just a few funny experiences I had just now. I was observing this class and was looking at their work when I notice some funny spelt words. Of course, they are still weak in their spelling as they are from the lower primary. Here they are, try figure out the real words - "consided, camouflush, predetors, depreff, chrisalis,metamofosis" Oh my!

I smiled but I couldn't help myself from pointing to those words to them and asked them to recheck their spelling again. Somehow, it tickled me to know that i am so eager to do this quickly but I cannot do much as I am under training or as I am known as a cadet teacher by my principle. My teaching methods are quite limited as compared during my contract teacher days.

Well, I was given an assignment to teach life cycle concepts next week to students. It will be fun. I am so enthusiastic about it already. Teaching is so fun! Trust me.

No comments: