"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Monday, September 25, 2006

Mi Amor Ramadan

Hi , I know it had been a long time since I write something. To start it off, it's the holy month of Ramadan again. I have always enjoyed and loved this month as it has never failed in bringing me peace and happiness all the time. Fasting has given Muslims or myself personally, a way to reflect and re-embark on a new journey to self cleansing of evil and ugly temptations of life. It is like getting another chance annually to improve myself to be a better person in life.

Let me see. Fasting requires Muslims to cease temporarily eating and drinking between dawn to dusk and refrain myself from all the misbehaviours that may deem inappropriate as a human being such as gossiping, lieing,fighting and many more. For those who have always been facing trauma in trying to lose weight, fasting will enable you to do so. Appetite for eating tends to be controlled in a reasonable way for us and in the end, you will tend to see some people losing weight after a month of fasting.

Honestly, non-Muslims will find this hard to follow but trust me, Fasting enlightens your spirit in a manner whereby, you learn to be patient, perservere, reconcile and relinquish any evil ideas or bad habits that you have all this time. It gives you the authority to deliberately accept goodwill and happiness.

Well, I hope the month of Ramadan, the month of Muslim Fasting, will not end that fast. I pray to God that we will all find blessings and wisdom in our path to sucess.

Ameen.

No comments: