"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Singapore Idol - A Kudos Event.

I have always been an Idol Fan. In fact, to me, everyone in the world love to sing and appreciate music in life. Be it, the American Idol or The Singapore Idol, it has made me realize many things about life and that is to inspire another person.

We just had our Singapore Idol last Monday, 24th September. It seems to be another charade whereby two competitors of of local stars trying to fight for a record deal. It may seem to be a cliche to me but all went well as the performances in the Singapore Indoor Stadium turned uot to be extravagant.

There are many unworthy comments coming from youngsters that this seems to be a fight betwen a Malay man and a Chinese man but this is definitely not the case. How can that be when the truth is both of them can really sing? Apparently, when the Grand Finale arrives, the mature Singaporeans tend to look for quality rather than embarking on the required race to win. Its not a racial thing as it has rumored to be.

Hady and Jonathan both proves to be the Singaporean Idol when they sportingly showcase their talents in the drive to attract the voters island wide. Both of them did a spectacular show and in the end, there can only be one. Hady appeared to have 70 percent votes from around 1 million votes provided on the show.

Let me see here. Does that make Jonathan a looser or does that make Hady the winner? That is not the point at all. I believe it is none of the above as what really matter is that we, Singaporeans, want to see the best Singaporean to win. Jonathan is good in his own way and Hady is best in his talent. Is Hady equivalent to Taufik, the previous Singapore Idol Season 1? No, that just make it more exciting as they are all unique in their profession.



Last but not least, it was a splendid event that touched a lot of Singaporeans who have always believed in Singing. Especially for people like me, I always hope to be a good singer, though I know that is not possible. Shall we see such excellent young and new talents in the next Singapore Idol? I am not sure but hey, kudos to the winner. I am glad that I had enjoyed it.

No comments: