"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Class Reunion Of 1989

Oh my goodness, I had met some of my old secondary friends yesterday. Apparently, one of them had came across my friendster account and he decided to give me a message there. We exchanged numbers and what happened next was a meet up with two of my oldest and closest friends.

It was a remarkable experience to see them, yesterday. In fact, I was rapturously excited to see the various changes that had occurred in our lives ever since we graduated from our GCE 'O' level and moved on. Now, of course, both of them, AZ and Mur had settled down and they are both fathers of three and two kids altogether. Now, all of them must be wondering about me still being single and so forth but fortunately that question did not come to our discussion yesterday and we practically talked about wonderful times of our teenage lives in school.

Indeed, they had changed into mature adults. Raj and Han was there with me too as it was coincidental that the meet up coincides with my appointment with them. Therefore, since Raj and Han was our junior in our secondary school, they are 11 years younger than me, I thought it could be a good thing to introduce them to my fellow schoolmates whom had progressed so much in their lives. It was a good experience for them too to witness this long due meeting and it was enriching for them to decide on what they will like to do when they start their first career.

Back to the topic of Az and Mur, we yalked on many things. We compare our knowledge on the many ex secondary school friends who have departed from our lives. It's weird as in the first place, I chose to run away from mixing around with them instead. they were astounded about my limited information of the old friends we used to them. I just smiled as hey, I moved on. We all have different perspectives on life now and I am just glad that the reunion made me happier than before. Why? I am glad that I am still single and I am not a father with many issues clogged with financial burden and stuffs. It kind of make me feel relieved that I can do anything I want right now and not bothered about it.

Anyway, they are all very happy and I am amazed and overjoyed to know that they had travelled frequently. One of them is a Project Engineer and the other is a System Engineer. I am also glad that I manage to tell them that I am mid-career swap employee of MOE, a trainee teacher. They were surprised but they were pleased too.

The meeting ended with us telling one another to remain in touch. It is an indeed a shocking moment for me.

No comments: