"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Is it me or am I giving up hope

I have never felt so calm and peaceful in any other months as in Ramadan. I mean, this month itself has told me to do a lot of soul searching to my life. It is a feeling to relinquish all evil or bad habits and embrace good habits or deeds. It is never felt in other time of the year and trust me, it is one of the most joyous and spiritual time for me.

I felt that sometimes, I face problems in understanding my lessons. Oh yeah, for the benefit of you who have yet to know me, I came from another blog, and had moved on to start writing about things which I have kept hidden before. I am now studying to be a trained teacher in NIE. I am faced with many subjects to learn and this has been one of the difficult times of my careers.

Why is it so? It is because, it has been 16 years since I touched Mathematics, be it, Grammar and Science. I am going to teach in the primary school in the near future. However, I thought wrong about learning primary school subjects in NIE. We are left with acquisition of knowledge of the deeper understanding of the primary school subjects. Let me tell you one thing though. It is tough. The momentum of getting to recall all my basic foundation of education has brought me into a pandemonium.

I was feeling rather upset recently as I find it hard to cope with the strenuous tutorials and lectures but it turns out to be a fantastic thing when I realise that I can actually progress better in understanding the lessons. I guess it comes from my passion to teach.

Yeah yeah, i know. The common reasons most people will say about joining teacher are most likely to be of their passion to teach, the love and joy of handling kids and so forth. On the contrary, I think, it is more to that. I ever heard from a senior teacher telling me one thing about being in this industry of educators. It is the passion of teaching the kids, loving the school, loving the parents and the ever after desire to do your best in becoming an inspirational person to someone. I guess it somehow makes sense to me than any other people joining this career as all my life, I have always wanted to help people in their studies and be the example of how students can turn out to be what they want when they choose to be.

Kass, one of my good buddies, told me the other day about his passion to teach. He has always wanted to teach and now he is currently studying in the National University Of Singapore. Like most people, I believe that all of us has it within ourselves to be a Teacher. Is it just how much we decide about what we want to do in our lives.

Oh well, i got two years to complete the Diploma. I will love to pursue a degree in education but that depends on the situation at that time. Till than, I guess I am not giving up hope on life yet until I can make a difference in someone's life.

No comments: