"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Friday, October 13, 2006

Ramadan's Celebration into Syawal




It has been more than two weeks ever since we fast together as Moslems worldwide. Celebrations of Ramadan can be clearly seen from places all around the world. This is indeed an exceptional thing for Singaporeans as we often welcome Ramadan with tremendous joy and faith always.

Geylang Serai has always been lighted up with coloourful decorations and grand bazaars to cater for the local Moslems to prepare their home with various food for breaking their fast, shopping in lieu of the coming Syawal Festive and so forth.

It is a time whereby many Moslems in Singapore or rather the whole Singaporean community to come together and enjoy the many delights and shopping items for them to purchase as a family.
I can say that many old friends met again during their visit here. It is like the only way where you can restore your ties amongst lost friends from the past.

Well, how can I say about Geylang Serai? It is a lighted up place annually for Ramadan which will always be the heart of every Singapore's community destination. There are other bazaars in other part of Singapore but i assure you it can never beat the grand and traditional feelings of Geylang Serai Bazaar.

Many of us will say that this is Malay Village Of Singaporeans. The older generations will say that this is the place whereby the roots of the local Malays can be found and thus that is why it is one of the oldest popular local and foreign hotspot.
Yesterday, I had bought my new Baju Melayu (Traditional Malay Clothing for Men) at this bazaar yesterday for fifty dollars. I think it is affordable for now. Well, of course it is always been like that for me as I will always purchase a new Baju Melayu every three years. Therefore, you can imagine the number of Baju Melayu I had in my wardrobe.

As all the years for Ramadan, I think this is a special year for me as i will be studying and doing assignments during the whole of Ramadan. To add things worse, I will be celebrating Syawal with examinations this year as a Trainee Teacher. It had been that long since I touched books for examinations!

However, I am bound to sacrifice the eve of Raya and Raya itself for my own happiness. This means there shall be no books on these two days before the battle started.

It's a week more to Syawal. Ramadan, is nearly over. For some, it is going to be very depressing to see Ramadan go away. I know I will. It is a month of peace and happiness.

No comments: