"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Friday, October 13, 2006

An Overly Expressive Individual

Yes, the title speaks for it. In this glorious month of Ramadan, I never thought that I can be tested so much on faith as I continue my daily fasting. Ok, here is a little story touching on my school life.

We are all tasked to create a Student Centred Learning package using Info-Communications Technology. We are divided into pair groups and were asked to implement such a package within a month's time.

The funny thing about this is that, my group had decided to finish this project asap and we manage to do that quickly during our one week holiday break last two weeks. Last Monday, we are all asked to post some ideas of our proposals up to our class forum so that we can receive constructive feedback by others to improve on.

Thats the funny part. We decided to ask some of our good classmates whom we are familiar with to comment on our project and vice versa. What we get is an abhorrent remarks degrading our project's motives. We were appalled at his remarks. To make the matter worse, his comments are so unprofessional and unconstructive and immature that I feel like giving him a tight slap.

This is not because that I cannot take criticisms well but there's no basis to his arguments on the forum. A quote from his remarks is where he mentioned that peer assesment cannot be done by Primary 3 students whom are still immature and naive. Sigh. Apparently, this statement shows how inexperienced of him to judge our project and worse condemning the capabilities of primary 3 students. Another quote was when he said that I need to improve on my snapshot of our package as it is not easy to be viewed. He is darn wrong in this. He is mistaken on the software used for the project. I feel like hitting his head with water to wake up his bloody mind. The reason is, the information that we uploaded into the forum clearly depicts our snapshot idea of the package. It does not entirely mean that it is our package. It can be a form of a webpage or flowchart. This is where I believe that without Information Technology knowledge, people will be against IT development in many ways. What happen here is that, he tried to unzip the file and run the programme from winzip itself. Oh my god, how pathetic that can be. He was supposed to extract the whole damn thing onto a folder in a pc and view the index.html file.

I feel so irritated with these people. Especially those students who thought that they know everything but they refuse to admit that they are confused and dumb about it. The frustrating part about this is that, he is our good friend in class and he sabotaged us by making his jealousy of our completed package, public to all.

Now, maybe this is a norm for all in school but I take this wholeheartedly and how do I prove him wrong? Definitely by showcasing them my final product on the day of presentation.

Stupid, young, naive and pathetic brat! I am fasting.

1 comment:

Max said...

exactly...now u know..how frustrating to know such people who refuse to know IT..hehe