"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Husband In Dire Need Of Help

Well, what happen, Max? I happen to meet a very close friend's husband who is in a crisis in their relationship. That is the problem, I am always the person for them to look for when they face their marital issues.

I have to meet him up as he needs a man to man talk about his wife whom I had known for over a decade even before he marries her. I often end up in a situation like this. I always wanted to avoid such trivial matters but how can I do that when they happen to be my close friends?

Do you know the meaning of love? Is it to care for someone and to tell everything you know to the person? Is that part of love? If that is, is love real after all? Ironic, as this always happen to me. Is it our failure to love or our disatisfaction with our needs that disappoint our way of life?
As for my life, I have yet to see that.

Well, back to the story, I met him and we discuss about his marital issues. I told him many times, that I am not the right person to discuss with as I am not a married person but he declines that opinion. He told me that the only person that can change his wife's opinion on not divorcing him is myself. I was astonished! Yes, the wife has been a very close friend of mine for a long time. Why did he say that way to me than? I mean for six years of marriage, does this mean anything to the both of them? You see, the wife asked for a divorce.

The reasons? It is the normal stuff such as the husband's infidelity, debts and the unsatisfaction of life but, what does that have to do with me? He is like begging me to make me talk to the wife to change her mind, to give him the last chance so that he will change for the better.

Oh my god... These people are so pathetic. I , being the humble and nice person, lent him a ear to listen, give him some tips on how to handle her wife...or sad love life but in the end, both of us know that she does not love him anymore.

Now, do you really expect me to worship the concept of marriage? I simply am totally against it.

No comments: