"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Deranged Person On The Train

Have you ever been so bored travelling on the bus or train or even while driving on a car that you realized that you need to have some music tuned in to the highest volume and had fun listening to it?

That was my feeling recently as I had a touch week of assignments and quizzes. Let me enlighten you with some typical visions in the morning on the train. People finding or rushing for seats every time, people sleeping comfortable on their seats ignoring everyone until their station arrives, people listening to mp3 players loudly, people standing with frowning faces looking for places to seat in a crowder train ride and people who are wide awake and simply love reading something.

I belong to almost all of these categories of people in the train. However, mostly, I will end up listening to my Ipod Nano and fly my way into a world of music and dance. Why not? It is a bloody one and a half hour journey to NIE. I need entertainment to cheer me up.

The best part happened to me last Friday. While I was having fun listening to my Ipod Nano, a stranger next to me stood up and give me a slap on my shoulder and start showing me his index fingers going all around his left ear. Now, at that spur of the moment, I felt surprised by his reaction. I thought he is referring to some horrible spider up on my right should and so I brushed my shoulder off but nothing was found. That's weird. What is he up to? The next possible reason will be that he is trying to tell me that he is crazy or he could just be disturbed by my loud Ipod Nano music. Well, for whatever he reasons, he left the station, leaving me smiling and shaking my head repetitively. Why me? There are other people on the train listening to loud music on their mp3 player. Why did he choose me? And that question shall linger on....Isnt that strange?

No comments: