"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Love Birds That Have Gone Astray..

It was just a few days ago when my classmate, Faz and I were doing our project in school. Both of us are fasting and I cannnot tell you how much I love this month. It brings me peace and happiness. In fact, I can never be angry during this month as I feel calm and relax.

How I wish I can have this month of Ramadan forever. It will indeed brighten up my life always. Well, back to the story, both of us are on our way to the computer lab in the library. Suddenly we bumped into these Muslim couple in the lift. The lady is using a veil, a Muslim Lady's headgear and the Man was holding her hand firmly.

This is a normal scene in my school. There are so many lovebirds going around every now and than. However, what we are concerned is that, this couple refuse to respect Ramadan. They are not only always to themselves and anti-social but, they gladly and freely kiss in front of us on their cheeks. Haha. A veiled woman kissing her boyfriend on the cheeks. Hmm. Hey, what happen? Why are you disrespecting Ramadan? Plus, i do not care if this couple to have sex but what angers me is that they are not in their greatest goodwill attitude in this month of Ramdan.

Let me get this straight. I have nothing against Muslim Ladies wearing Veil. I believe most of them look sweet and humble in it. On the contrary, we will not even see this as a threat to our daily progressive lives. One thing for sure, I have always had high expectations for veiled ladies to behave in public as they represent icons of Islam itself. If one is not to behave accordingly or appropriately in public, it will be a mediocre.

Well, like i said to Faz, let them answer to God directly. We shall mind our own business and concentrate on our projects and examinations. The more we try to be Superman, we will end becoming Strained Man.

Have a great Ramadan and Syawal Celebrations. It's 3 days to countdown.

No comments: