"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Odd Numbers

I have always waited for this day to come. It is the day when I am able to feel the double odd numbers of my life which is, 33 years old. Time flies and today is my birthday. The thing about this day is that, it comes once in every decade of a human life.

Look at it this way, you will only be able to experience it first when you reached 11 years, followed by 22, 33, 44, 55 and so forth. What are the odds of that? It takes another 11 years altogether. It is just a simple theory which I believe that something good will happen when the time comes. I can foresee myself settling down by this year. Hmm...wait..that is too drastic. Perhaps I shall be able to face happiness in many ways. A new resolution is made everytime when my birthday arrives. This is cool when it happens to coincide with the new year. Now, isn't that cool to know that people from around the world is celebrating the coming New Year with your birthday,just around the corner? Haha..cheap thrill.

I had just returned from a very touching celebration done by Frodo and his friends. They tricked me to go to Vivo City, a new shopping centre in Singapore, and bought me a birthday cake with 6 candles symbolising 33. I was so touched and honored by it that I smiled and blushed continuously. Put it this way. It has been long since I celebrated my birthday. It has come to a point where I am beginning to ignore it whenever it arrives yearly. Well, at that point of time, I thought it is just another typical creation by people who loves to be reminded about how old they are getting each year. I do not like birthdays. To me, it is just another number. Why do we have to keep thinking about how old we become from time to time right? Well, I may be wrong to think that way. Some people cherished their birthdays. I just happen to think otherwise about it. In the end, birthday celebrations are more meant for your friends who want to see you happy for the day right? Absolutely correct.

Anyway, today by 2.15am, I will be 33years exactly if I were to be really precised about the actual day and time when I was born. Hey, the party just started. I will be on a date tommorow with my latest girlfriend whom I had met recently. Girlfriend? Now, isn't that something new for my life? How long has it been? 3 years after my last break up with my ex-fiancee. I am sure all of you must have been wondering on this newcomer in Max Muchacho's life. Questions such as " Who is she?", "Where do you meet her?" , " Where is she working?" will always be the common questions from my friends. I have the answers for that now..

I met her by God's will. Alhamdulilah. Praises to Allah. Hopefully, this time, it will work for me. I keep telling myself many times, recently that, I got to make this relationship a success. The best think about her is her patience and sincerity. She got the looks, she got the career, she can think, she can smile, she can dress, she can make me happy and she can...I can go on and on with the list. Is this love? Is this even a relationship? Is this the one? Is this the final countdown for Max's search for love? We have yet to see that.

Well, like what Frodo said, " Do not think too much on it. If there is chemistry, just work on it." He is correct. InsyaAllah..it will last forever this time. It is time for me to open up my heart to accept new love. It has been sealed for a long time indeed.

Oh yeah, before I go, after the date, my buddies and I will be partying in a club of my choice. Let me see. I will figure that out later. Till than, take care.

No comments: