"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2007 - 33

Okay..How shall I start this? First, Salam Aidiladha to all Moslems from all around the world. May God grant me the chance to perform my Hajj one day. InsyaAllah, If God permits. Just a few days ago,almost three days ago, I was celebrating my birthday. Now, it is already the new year, 2007. The best thing of having your birthday near the end of the year is that, it brings about a lot of merry and joy as it gives the person new hopes for the new year and not forgetting, his or her new age.

As I mentioned before, I am 33 years old now. I am not ashamed about it or face the peril of getting older as the years go bye. No, of course not. I am quite contented with the idea of being more experienced with life as the days go by. People may say many things about it. I will just smile and ignore the unnecessary remarks. Anyway, I have to say my humble thanks to many of my friends who had either called me, message me or went out with me to either wish me or celebrate with me on my birthday. I felt so honored and happy with your warm salutations. I am blessed to have many great friends and buddies. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. With the new year, I am not going to spell out my resolutions at all.

Why is that so? It is simple logic. I have yet to accomplish my previous resolutions from the previous years. In fact, I am wondering on how does the term, " new year resolutions" come about? I see it as just another hoax of wanting people to have hope or certain targets to achieve.To me, I have given up on making new year resolutions. On the contrary, I will rather make new prayers or wishes to God to make it happen.

Let us put it this way. To err is human. If I have made a lot of mistakes to people, I apologize.

I yearn to be a better man as I grow mature.
I yearn to see the world be a peaceful place for all humankind to live in harmony among each other without racial discrimination or religious profiling.
I yearn for a better life full of love and peace.
I yearn for the best for my family and friends.
I yearn to shower those who needs my help based on my capabilities.
and I yearn to seek peace and serenity forever.

Goodbye 2006. Goodbye 32. Welcome 2007. Welcome 33. The odd numbers of my life have come again since I celebrated my 22nd birthday 11 years ago. Perhaps the year 2007 will be a good year for my family, my friends and myself indeed. InsyaAllah..If God permits. What will ever happen in 2007? Only God knows. Reality check - I have only left with one week before I start to work again. How time flies....

No comments: