"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Monday, December 25, 2006

Wishes That Are Not Meant For Me..

Yesterday, I went to my classmate's engagement ceremony at her house. It was quite a joyous event for her and all of us were very happy for her. She looked like a princess for a day except that she is now engaged to her longtime boyfriend. This brought down memories of my engagement that occurred three years ago. No worries, I was only thinking of the good part and not the bad part of it.

The worse thing is not about refreshing my mind on my ex-engagement. It began when one of my classmates started to tease me consistently to let go of my friend and avoid mixing with her as she is already engaged. Wait a minute...There is nothing going on between me and her. What is the matter with him??

Oh no..not again. The teasing started to increase from minute to minute. I do not know why on that spur of the moment that I tend to ignore his comments or remarks on my so called "illicit affair" that I had with my engaged lady friend. Perhaps I was just so happy that I cleared my examinations and I am in my dreaming world right now since it is my holiday. His deragotary comments were irrelevant. What happen after I ignored him? He got irritated eventually. Perhaps this is the part where I realised that this bloody guy has always been eyeing on my success of life and I will rather say that he is not pretty happy with what I have.

He mentioned a lot of rude comments on my life. Even my other friend was surprised to hear that and was shocked to see me reacting quietly about it. I told my other friend that there was no point in arguing with him on his pathetic remarks. There is no truth in any of it. It is just going to be another waste of breath.

Well...life goes on. But if I were to encounter him doing the same thing again, he will get it from me...than he will know what it is like to be condemn from someone who is older than him. For God's sake, he is 6 years my junior...

Some people are just ludacrous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suhirman, Nazir here,I agree that there shouldn't be catfighting over grades with your fellow schoolmates.

But for some of us,the motivation for grades is not to do better than others.Like for myself,I don't care what my academic position is in relation to others as long as I do enough to crossover to the degree program.

As you already know my situation,I am not getting any younger and timing is running out for me to get a degree.This is my last chance..

Anonymous said...

You are to be applauded for the gentlemanly manner in which you conducted yourself in the face of such idiocy.

If you had reacted,it might have spoiled your friend's big day and your model and exemplary behaviour is one I should look up to.

A real lesson for me on calm and patience.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays bro!
-NAZIR

Max said...

Hi Nazir, agreed. Just be patience and pray. After all the effort you put in, I am sure, God will grant us in the end. If God did not do so, than there must be a blessing in disguise. Have faith...and thanks for the advice.