"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Step Up to an Inconvenient Truth

Yes, instead of studying, I had been watching two movies straight in a row this week. I have two days left before my science test. I really have to do something about it. I have to remove my "slackers" attitude so as to get flying colours for my Test.

Oh well, I wil figure out something when I start to panic tonight. As for the two movies, Step Up and and The Inconvenient Truth - Global Warming. The best thing about these two movies is that it states the necessity for us to acquire knowledge before doing something in life.


Step-Up is a movie dedicated to the learning of Hip Hop and Ballet. This movie
It always facinates me to see people who knows how to dance well. Whether it is Hip Hop, Retro, House Music, Rnb or Salsa/Merengue, it is all about the rythm. If a person can move to the groove of a music, the person knows music. That is my perception of it. I can say that this movie is a purely dance movie. There are not much of a plot to look forward to. Just sit back and enjoy the way they dance. It is cool to see them combine the two dance steps of ballet and Hip Hop.

As for the second show, The Incredible Truth, I was so indulged in this show that I thought I just went to another lecture in the school. This is purely an educational show about Global Warming. It is presented by Al-Gore and he is trying to educate the whole worth about the real truth of the causes of Global Warming and where our planet earth is heading to in the next coming years. It is interesting to know that with our modern comforts of technology and machines, we are slowly heating up the world and that explains why recently we are experiencing a sudden rise in the heat of the sun. The carbon dioxide seems to double recently and the greenhouse effects are trapping the heat that comes from the sun onto earth. There are many more of this. The hurricanes and tornados have increased. The sea level is rising. Drought is occuring on another part of the world. Certain animals are near to extinction. The North and South Pole Ice boulders are melting away leaving to a stop in the current of heat and cold climate in the world gradually.

In simple terms, we can see the landscapes of certain countries, being minimized by the influx of sea water to their lands. Some countries will even disappear from the world. Like the movie mentioned, the world map will be redrawn in the future due to global warming. Europe will encounter another Ice Age. Certain Insects will double. Mother Nature will have to submit to the force of will of the Global Warming.

I was enthralled to see these explanations from Al-Gore in the movie. His speech is really fulfilling and sensible. However, one question that I will like to ask him, if I have ever had the chance in future. The question will be, " How can human beings revert back to our old ways of life, 50 years ago, when the technology had tremendously given us the convenience of life in this rapid globalization world? In short, can we stop using our cars, air-condition, sprays, prevent cutting down trees? Recycle paper and water? Stop the emission of toxic gases or unwanted gases? Stop dumping waste to the lakes? It's not as easy as A,B,C

Some of these points are already being practiced in certain countries. In fact most countries in the world are adhering to the ' Kyoto Treaty except for America. Isn't that surprising?


' The Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is an amendment to the international treaty on climate change, assigning mandatory targets for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to signatory nations.

' WIkipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol



Oh well, I can think about this later. I think I better wake up and start studying for science. Till than, do your part to save our planet earth. And, start dancing. :-)

No comments: