"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Puteri Gunung Ledang - The Musical


Yes, the picture speaks for itself. I have always been a fan of this movie, Puteri Gunung Ledang. It has finally been made into a broadway show or a theatre show in esplanade. (www.esplanade.com)

I have just bought some tickets to watch this first created Malay epic theatre in the esplanade and I have never been to the esplanade itself ever since it was created in Singapore.

The thing I have always liked about this show is the bondage of love between the magical Mount. Ledang Princess and the legendary Malay Warrior, Hang Tuah. I have always admired the Javanese culture and had long to learn on how its traditions are based upon. Of course, I am from the origins of the Javanese people with a little mix of Arabic from my mother side.

The Javanese culture is so unique that when a javanese dancer dances on the floor in front of you, you will be mesmerized by the beauty of a Javanese Woman. The peace and tranquility by the dance will always fascinate me and provide me with happiness.



Perhaps I have it in my blood of a Javanese inheritance culture. Perhaps I am so moved by the innocence of the movie Puteri Gunung Ledang, that I am curious to know more of this tradition. I am intrigued by the ambience of its mystified presence and its dance movements which are so pleasant and soft.

Maybe one day I will get to know more of my original roots. It can be quite an interesting voyage to find my late great ancestors lives and they most probably came from Indonesia.
In fact, only two days ago, while I was doing my mathematics tutorials, I came across this Javanese Lady who happen to talk to the school's janitor in Javanese Language. At first, I thought that they were talking in Malay Language but I was surprised to know that they were speaking in Javanese and it sounded so sweet and perfect.

Maybe I should go to Indonesia this coming December holidays to find my roots back there. Maybe also, I will be able to find my true destination or purpose in life as they say that the past is always the beginning of everything.

Well, till 24th November arrives, I will have to put all these aside for my exams to finish. At least, I have something to look foward to after my exams.

No comments: