"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Post Salam Lebaran

Ok. How did it go for my syawal today? It went good so far. I happen to manage to do some visiting to my relative house this year. Surprisingly, for this year, I visited the most number of houses as compared to last year. This is the year where I am packed with many assignments and examinations but somehow the blessed month of Syawal enable me to enrich the spirit of Raya with my family members and friends.

Of course, out of many happiness and excitement, I do face some issues with some people during my preparation before Raya. For example, my younger brother refuse to assist the house chores when Raya arrived last week. In the end, instead of him helping me, I am involved in doing all the house work by myself. This is the problem with chores, it is simple to me. If anyone who is staying with you, refuses to do it, by all means necessary, do not do it. There is no point of seeing a half done job when there is no sincerity in it. It only makes the other worker feel irritated by seeing it.

Well, actually, this is the first year where, my younger brother opens up and tries to establish the brotherhood relationship with me. It has been like 30 over years since he ever did something to rekindle the brotherhood.The first time when he messaged me that he want to know more about me, I was astonished but wary as all our lives, we have never been closed. I had an adviced from Zul whom mentioned to me to be careful when comes to talking to siblings who are not closed to me.

I was skeptical but in the end, I believed him. Why? That is because I realized that my elder brother was the one who wanted to reunite with him. Hmm. To cut the story short, my elder brother and myself once, ever quarrelled with him on matters pertaining to his decision to run away from the house recently. Imagine, the separation we had when he ran away and our hatred towards him when he ignored our parents at that time.

Time change,my younger brother came back. My elder brother of course behind my back tried to maintain contact with him except me. I was lost in delusions to know this. However, it turns out that the truth had to be revealed. He talked to my younger brother and eventually he encourages me to talk to him which I did.

Well, I was so happy to know that our brotherhood strengthened when Raya approaches. I was disappointed to know that my younger brother's character and selfish attitude remains the same still though he tried to talk to me. I realized what Zul mentioned to me is true. There is no doubt that there are a lot more for my younger brother to do when he wants to re-establish his sincerity in my brotherhood with him.

It is easy to forgive but it is not easy to forget. I have my closed buddies with me. It is the idea of relinquishing the intentions of my brother that saddens me. After finding out that my elder brother's relations with my younger brother that make me put aside again, makes me open up my wings to my close buddies instead of family. Of course, parents are my top priorities now. However, despite that fact, my relations with my brother is in a state of a deadlock, I shall just maintain the momentum but shall not go further than that.

I have my closed buddies still. That is all I need for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Close buddies are one thing, but remember, blood is thicker than water. No matter how angry you are with your family, or horrible their behaviour, you will still love them and vice versa. I know it's not the case for some families, but in your case, even if your younger brother is a lazy bastard, at least he did try to keep the lines of communication with you open.

Anonymous said...

Salam..agreed with spg, blood is thicker than water. But I myself sometimes do feel that am more closed to frens than family. "It is easy to forgive but it is not easy to forget"...true indeed :)

Max said...

Hey SPG, Naz,

True, blood is thicker than water. But the blood will dry out if you did not contain it in sealed bottle. Thanks for the comments.