"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Broken Relations

This is a sensitive topic to discuss. However, I shall attempt to talk about it especially when I realized that there are many people who are not aware of it's realities. I am sure that most of us had gone through countless relationship before we find the right partner in life. Well, unfortunately, not everyone is lucky.

The idea of losing someone you love so much in life can be very degrading to anyone. Are we even impervious to fear that we tend to neglect the truth of the story? There are people in the world who have yet to overcome a certain type of trauma in their life. I can name a few, the post traumatic experiences of War, Natural Disaster and so forth but what can be devastating than losing someone whom you love to another person? I will always think that the latter costs lesser pain than the first but who am I to judge people who are going through a horrible experience as such?

We are not perfect. That is the symbolic nature of any human being. Let us talk about the topic on post traumatic experience of a break up. I have several experiences to relate to here but let us make it general. People fall in love when they find the chemistry within themselves easily. Oh well, it is always a good feeling to go "Ga Ga" over the opposite side and let yourself afloat on air many times when you go on dates with her or him. The relationship may take a while to endure. Some go on dates for as long as 8 years ever since school time. Oh dear, that is something I never did before and I got to give my thumbs up to them. Some even go on dates for four months until when something not right strike to their heart, they broke off.

Well, these idea seems easy and it looks like a typical soap opera movie in television. However, how are they handling it? I know some may take years to overcome their depression over the matter? Some, I heard, took a short period of time to move on. My concerns are more of those who are unable to move on after a break up. Hey, I have problems dealing with a break up too and that did not make me a superman in any way.

Just look at this in another point. Why do we need to suffer so much just to hang on to a past that is not meant to stay? Yes, the feelings are still strong, the memories are too fond to be forgotten and the experience of being together once was enticingly fantastic. Reality check. It is over. Get on with it. Ok here's a stupid theory that I think it will work for some but not all. Leave it a week or a month (maximum) to get over this. For the ladies and the men too, cry as much as you can if you still think that you love the other person. Than, find another partner and move on. If you are still single, go and party to the maximum. God is fair. I am sure there are better partners whom we will meet in due time which will end up in a wed-lock.

Even so, why do we need to ponder on something which is not worth thinking about? Do not let emotions handle your perceptions of the problem. Put it this way,whether it is the man's fault or the woman's fault, when a decision is made to part, we have to find our inner strength to move on. It is beserk. I understand and you are not alone. Everybody is going through that once in a while. Be optimistic. Life goes on.

For those who are suffering out of a relationship now, a personal advice from myself who had gone through it before, stop killing yourself by hanging to it. Move on. There will always be a blessing in disguise for every problem we face.

To conclude, everybody now may think that, I am just full of crap in writing such a blog. Hey, put it this way, I may be wrong but it is for the best. The one thing I learn about being in love and out of love is to keep on finding love though it may not happen permanently in your life. When we found one, treasure it, remember your priorities and enjoy life. Do not just discard what you have currently when you pursue your "love" because if it fumbled one day, you will have nothing to hook upon to. Only god knows. Adios.

No comments: