"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Questionable Love?

Have you ever wondered whether your love relationship with your partner is greater than others? Have you ever compared it to other couples and wondered your relationship is better or at least the same as theirs? Apparently, maybe not. Somehow or rather these questions struck my mind last night when I met Frodo and his new girlfriend in town.

In fact this is the insanely crazy part of Frodo, which I am amazed at times. He wants me to meet his girlfriend still after all his other friends had seen and known her. Perhaps this is the brotherly stuffs that all close brothers, want to do,especially when they are in love. To let their closes brothers meet their girlfriends and be happy for them. Indeed, I am. I am proud to say that I encourage Frodo to go ahead with this relationship when I sense that he is attracted to her. Of course, I will. He has never had a real girlfriend in his life before and looking at that situation at that particular time, it seems the right thing to do.

I was glad that it worked out pretty well between Nat (his girlfriend) and Frodo. They are now so much in love. Oh my, young love. They are so adorable together and seeing them together yesterday and getting to know the girl who makes the difference in Frodo's life makes me so happy. Nat talked to me and without a doubt we clicked. When Nat left the place on her bike (she's a biker), I told Frodo, that she is in love deeply with him and vice versa and he should be focus from now on to ensure that this dreamland of boy and girl relationship will turn into something concrete in time. One advice I gave him after that is this. Loving a woman is a feeling whereby it will complete you as a man in due time. Loving is not enough to prolong the relationship. It is stability in the end. He seems to take my advice seriously and I believe Frodo will find a job in 6 months time when he completed his National Service.

Well, one thing at a time though. Before I mentioned this, let me assure you that I am happy with Frodo and his girlfriend but...I am pretty sad about it when I compared it with my relationship with my girlfriend. Everything was perfect yesterday. We met, kissed, cuddled,embraced each other's warmth (I was so cold in the theater yesterday watching Apocalypto!) and was very intimately in love. However, is that enough? Do I have something like what others have? Is the feeling concrete? Is this real or it is just in the making? Do I need more time? SPG told me two days ago that I will have to wait a little more time than just a year or so before I can think of going to the next step. I guess we both always had this curse of doubting our partners in life since then. Maybe it is just me. I even joked with her that if she were to ever marry or elope, she have to invite me for the wedding as I will like to witness the breaking of the curse that she had for all this time. Oh my, only Allah knows.

I do not know whether my love for Annie is pure and great as what Frodo has with Nat or even as SPG with Genie or even as other couples that I have known in my life. This feelings that I have right now with her is being tested again from now and than. It saddens me when I have to go through many obstacles to meet the right one for me. It saddens me when I have to ensure my love for her is genuine too. I guess it will take time.

Loving a woman is not only a matter of saying " I love you." or "Yo Tequeiro" to one another. It has to be sincere and it has to be something whereby you can prove it. I know I love her but I do not know whether it is as pure as what Frodo and others has with their girlfriends. It is questionable for Max Muchacho......O Allah, please guide me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Max... how can you know whtr you are really and truly in love if you've only known Annie for such a short while? Take time to get to know her properly, dont think about it too much, and let whatever feelings come to you naturally...

Max said...

Thanks SPG. However, my mistake is to compare it with others. However, I am positive that I love her and we shall take time on it but not too long though. May Allah bless our relationship forever.