"Faith is doing the right thing, and keeping on doing the right thing, even when the right thing is not happening to you."

Friday, January 26, 2007

Musica...

Music, it is one of the best creation of humankind that is very sensational to everyone from generations to generations in the world. I have the passion for Music. Indeed , who does not have, right? Call me weird or strange but my kind of music is made up from countries not within this region.

I was first introduced to World Music from my best friends who are currently working in New York and London. They showed me the passion of Salsa and Merengue and for seven years, I was intrigued by the sensational steps of Salsa and Rythm. This further encouraged me on a hunt for all the best of Salsa songs from La Sanora Carusseles, Marc Anthony, Celia Cruz, Victor Manuelle, Tito Puente and many more. The beautiful beats of the percussion, saxophone and latin beats mesmerized me from then and I was further fascinated by the great combination of Salsa and Arabic songs from Gypsy King and Alabina, Cheb Mami and Yuri Buenaventura, Amr Diab, Nawal Al Zoughby, Sameera Said and many countless more.

The addiction to listening and dancing to these rythms from the Mediterranean and Latin continents have made me a better person and strong. I learnt Salsa Dances (though I am still a beginner in it) and I began to love Spanish Language and I have yet to take up some courses on it. There is one thing about the Spanish and Arab communities when it comes to entertainment, they really know how to entertain themselves exotically with their songs. I have yet to see belly dancers in Turkey and Egypt though I have seen some local renditions of it in Singapore. It is not about the perversion of looking at sexy femal dancers wriggling their belly buttons but it is about how they dance passionately to the Arabic Songs.
It will be thrilling for me, indeed.

Not forgetting, I love Salsa Movies too. I kind of having limited experiences in viewing Salsa movies. Some of the movies that I have watched are, " Dance With Me, Dirty Dancing 1 and 2" and Mambo Kings. There are superb and inspirational.

Oh well, it is funny to know that I do not understand a single word of these songs but you do not need to know the meaning of the language. It is music? The rythms and beats are the definitions of the passion.

Check out some of the best clips I love for Salsa and Arabic songs below from Youtube,

Yuri Buenaventura

La Sonoro Caruselles

Nawal Al Zoughby

Sameera Said and Cheb Mami


Salsa Salsa , Latinas and Latinos. Muchas Gracias, Ya Habibie and Ya Habibtie!

No comments: